The Soulborgs are a race of living machines programmed to conquer and take over territory. Once an experiment to break the chains of death and return a loved one to the home of a broken scientist, now a tool of political usurpation, a tool used to conquer, to establish a race of living steel over flesh. Before the Soulborgs began their planetary expansion, the war on the dimension of Valhalla drew them away from their impregnable fortress on Alpha Prime, the conquered Mariedian, to use their abilities of conquest to assist Utgar, Vydar, and even Jandar in their Civil War.
The Soulborgs are a wide variety of Robota models, upgraded with advanced weaponary, such as numerous rocket launchers and reciprocating assault cannons. Their independence from their creators is a cause of the presence of a Mariedian's conciousness; they are self-aware, intelligent, and sentient. However, the networking and internal cybernetics of the Robota design dulled the minds and the senses. There are humanoid Soulborgs, such as those belonging to the caste of the 'Trons, the Omnicrons, the Zettian Guards and Deathwalkers, and the Zettian wardens of the nearby prison planet Isadora, begrudingly tasked with the dutiful watch of Mariedian slaves and prisoners of war. There are a few types of specialized Soulborgs, fitted with unique forms specific to their specialized tasks, namely the deathstalkers and the deathreavers.
Their abilites are directly dependent on their attached upgrades and machinery, they are only capable of producing special abilities if they have the parts for it. Their abilities, however directly function on high power ballistics, EMP capability, or advanced networking, (the ability to hone the skills of other Soulborg with that paticular individual's presence). Weapons include rockets, machine guns, snipers, cannons, claws, and chainguns.
There are a present distiction of political views between the Soulborgs, identified by their color schemes and apparent alliances on Valhalla.
Deathwalkers and Zettians
Those of the Soulborg species summoned to Valhalla by Utgar are of the Zettian party. They have a red and metallic black colour scheme. They appear to be ruthless, cruel, and destructive. They also appear to be the larger Soulborg faction, and in control of the prison world Isadora. They seem to hate the Mariedians and seek vengeance upon them, enslaving them as they were once enslaved by the Mariedians. Despite their war with the other Soulborg factions, they expend resources to hunt down the surviving rebel Mariedians on Alpha Prime. Utgar has summoned the following units.
The Trons and the Majors
Those of the Soulborg species summoned to Valhalla by Vydar are of the Tron party. They have a blue and metallic sliver colour scheme. They do not appear to be evil, but noble at heart, although stern and cold, valuing martial prowess and discipline. Some, however, are merciful and more open. It would seem that they are strongly opposed to the Zettian faction and are the second largest Soulborg faction, with a high level of technology, armor, and weaponry. It also seems that they admire and mimic some of the Mariedians' fighting and battle behavior. In all likelihood, they are neutral on the Mariedian question, neither actively pursuing them or supporting them. Having shaken off the Mariedian yoke and become independent, they are content to live and let live. Having experienced slavery themselves at one point, they do not wish to enslave the Mariedians, and oppose the Zettian persecution of the humans. It is likely that, out of a sense of honor and justice, they would free the humans if they could, and would be content to live side-by-side with them, as long as the humans did not attempt to enslave them once more. Vydar has summoned the following units.
The Omnicrons are a party of Soulborg from the planet of Alpha Prime. They appear to be the upholders of justice on their homeworld, either of their own free will and a sense of compassion for the persecuted Mariedians, or merely freedom fighters for the Mariedians who have created them and continue to produce Soulborgs to help them in their resistance. They are the smallest of the Soulborg factions, and as such, use guerilla warfare tactics, such as sniping and overloading enemy Soulborg circuitry, and all are summoned to Valhalla by Jandar to continue their civil war between the Zettians and Trons. Jandar has summoned the following units.
The word "Omnicron" is a portmanteau of the Greek words Omni, meaning all, and Cronos, meaning time.
Figures with Soulborg Bonding
- Omnicron Repulsors: Targeting Beacon: When attacking a non-adjacent figure, all Soulborgs you control who follow Jandar add 1 extra die to their attack if at least one Omnicron repulsor is adjacent to the defending figure.
- Blastatrons: Homing Device: When attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 1 attack die for every Soulborg who follows Vydar that is adjacent to the defending figure.
Figures with Special Abilities Against Soulborgs
- Omnicron Repulsors: Circuitry Overload: After moving and before attacking, you must roll the d20 once for each Soulborg figure adjacent to any Omnicron Repulsors you control. If the figure is a squad figure and you roll a 13 or higher, destroy that figure. If the figure is a Hero figure and you roll a 16 or higher, that figure receives a wound. Omicron Repulsors are not affected by Circuitry overload.
- EMP Response: If an Omnicron Repulsor you control successfully defends an attack by a Soulborg figure, you must roll the d20. If you roll a 14 or higher, the attacking figure must immediately end its turn and all order markers must be removed from its Army Card (or cards if your opponent has more than one).
- Quasatch Hunters:Techno Hatred: When attacking a Soulborg figure, Quasatch Hunters receive one additional attack die.